3.17.2010

Call it what you want



To this kid-

When I realize who you are, I will have tamed this.
(You could be #5 on this list. (which could even start at #13).)
But before I realize that, I'm sure we will be this.

I hope that this is as important to you as it is to me.
And that you are proud of this.
And that you have these and these, just like I do.
And that, every so often, you get a jolt of these and these.

You don't have to love this as much as I do, but you can't hate it either.
You should probably know that I love this. A lot. But not more than you.

And even if we don't have much of this, we will still have this.
Because I like this better, anyway.

We will go on lots of these. And make lots of these.
We will build one of these and one of these together. And have a little this.

But, most of all, we will never fall out of this. And when things go wrong, remember that I'm still this. But that you will always be one of these in my life.


Until this finally clicks,

I'm just one of these, trying to find my way to you.

No comments: