7.22.2009

Some things are best left between a girl and her {heart.}*

{edit:} this post is not referring to one, specific boy from my past. maybe it's actually about the next boy to break my heart. if that's the way it will go. and maybe, also, the little pieces of my heart that have been put back together, but still, in a way, belong to the past. the little wrongs I have forgiven, but haven't quite forgotten. Regardless, these are my thoughts.

Love-to-be:

Please forgive me for complaining about a boy. Once again. A boy that is not you. But some other boy that will still be tugging on my heart.

Don't think I will never get over it; I will.

Don't think I will never love you fully; I will.

But, unless you are the next boy I meet,

I will have some getting-over to take care of.

But please, please don't give up on me.


I know I'm a mess. But at least I know it, right?

I know I make mistakes. Stupid ones. And I say the wrong thing. A lot. I'm not perfect. I'm not almost perfect.
Please trust me when I say that I will love you deeper than you can imagine. And I will let you love me, even when I don't think I deserve it. And I will become very attached. (Even though, as I'm sure you have figured out by now, I am pretty independent.) And I will add flavor to your days, and color to your moonlights.

Know that I trust my instincts and I follow my heart.

And my heart is headed in your direction:


But, you see, it's kind of big. And heavy. But I'm letting some things go, along the way. Some old things that I don't need anymore.

And it feels really good, because I'm making room for you.

image via deviantart

*Carbon Leaf, I changed the last word. Forgive me :)

5 comments:

amanda said...

like the picture, and the post. and you.

pepper said...

this post is lovely. so are your others too. i just like this one especially :)
x Pepper

Josh said...

Laura honey!!! Please please please tell me you did that on purpose! Please tell me your layout was on purpose! I would love you like a fat kid loves cake if so. And a WHOLE LOT MORE if you did. You can take credit even if you didn't. And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, then call me! :) Oh my goodness it's pure genius....

Josh said...

Oh, and Laura, absolutely B-E-A-UTIFUL post. You never cease to amaze. Never. Love ya!

Micaela said...

oh wow.

absolute perfection.
absolute.