I don't know why I've felt so uninspired to write on this blog lately, since I live in one of the most inspiring and interesting cities.
Anyway, this post is nothing more to say that I'm still here and sometime I'll get around to writing something meaningful and possibly more poetic.
For now, a list of current favorite things will have to suffice:
1. The Killers album "Battle Born." In its entirety. Either in the album order or on shuffle. It's an experience.
2. The New York Public Library. I don't think I've ever read for pleasure as regularly in my life as I do now. Browsing the shelves of the branch near my office is one of my favorite lunchtime pastimes.
3. My new apartment and roommates. I have my own room and bought big girl bedroom furniture. One of life's greatest joys right now is the knowledge that I can sleep smack in the middle of my full size bed and take up as much space as I want.
4. Sunshine in New York City and watching Bryant Park literally come back to life from its winter hibernation.
5. Making new friends, seeing people when they come to visit, and getting excited for old friends to move back to this city.
6. Green smoothies in the morning and frozen yogurt at night. It's all about balance.
7. Good girl talk sessions.
8. Brunch. This has got to be one of my absolute favorite parts of NYC culture.
It's warming up in this city and that means summer skirts and farmers markets and sun-dried hair and beach/lawn reading. Oh, this life I'm living in this city that is most of the time very normal and not like a Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie does have its moments of magic, I'll admit.
8 hours ago