12.02.2009

Shuffle to the beat.

(I know, I know, this is two posts on a night when I didn't even have time for one.)

BUT.

I'm just so in love all over again with this song. It just came onto my iPod.

His voice. Those lyrics.

I had to share. {Actually, the entire Garden State soundtrack is fabulous.}

I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You by Colin Hay

I drink good coffee every morning
Comes from a place that's far away

And when I'm done I feel like talking
Without you here there is less to say


I don't want you thinking I'm unhappy

What is closer to the truth

That if I lived till I was 102

I just don't think I'll ever get over you


I'm no longer moved to drink strong whisky

'Cause I shook the hand of time and I knew
That if I lived till I could no longer climb my stairs
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

Your face it dances and it haunts me

Your laughter's still ringing in my ears

I still find pieces of your presence here
Even after all these years

But I don't want you thinking
I don't get asked to dinner

'Cause I'm here to say that I sometimes do

Even though I may soon feel the touch of love

I just don't think I'll ever get over you



If I lived till I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you.



Every time I listen to this song, I picture an old man sitting in his house, looking at a picture of his late wife. Still lonely. But content, and still so in love. Isn't that the way it should be? We don't want to be forgotten at death; we don't want to forget, either. Love should last forever.

It doesn't mean you can't move on with your life, it just means that that person is still a part of it.

No comments: