9.08.2010

Letters to Strangers


I have always loved sending and receiving mail.
Snail mail.
I love papers and cards and stamps and envelopes and wax seals and everything associated with the handwritten word.

For my creative concepts class assignment I was asked to do something I'd never done before.

So I wrote ten little letters.
And found ten addresses, courtesy of the Provo white pages.
For ten strangers.

I wrote a favorite quote on one side, and on the other, some kind of blurb that came out of my head.
A list.
A rambling of scattered thoughts.
A someday inspirational quote.

And maybe these people will hate what I wrote. Or throw it away without even reading it.

But I hope not. I hope that it's one less thing to vent about that day.

I learned that creativity doesn't have to be elaborate, or perfectly organized, or perfect at all. If you wait for it to be perfect, or to have all the right tools, you will never get anything done.

picture taken by my roommate

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is such a lovely idea. I feel inspired to write more and post more, even just to friends and family. I would love the same.

brittney perry said...

don't know you... but this is an incredible idea. and I love sending letters.

meg fee said...

oh but goodness. this is perfect. in its courage and simplicity. what an idea--i love it.

kara lynn said...

probably one of the best things i have heard. i love this idea!

Katie said...

that is such a cool idea!

Katya said...

what a cool idea! i want to try!!!

Oh, My Darling said...

What a beautifully inspiring idea!

Unknown said...

just lovely!!

http://tomberamoureuxde.blogspot.com/