1.15.2011

empowered


One of my unofficial goals for this new year is to start doing yoga.

Today as we were all laying on our mats at the end of class with the lights out, just breathing and trying not to think too much, this phrase cut through the clutter of my mind:

I'm stronger than my weaknesses

We all are.
I don't think I'm much of a runner when it comes to life's issues.
I tend to have the "it's like swallowing a pill" mentality to facing challenges and doing hard things; take a breath and it will be over soon.

But sometimes it's hard to turn off my brain and just let life happen.
Instead of trying to protect myself from every situation.
Because I only have so much control over what will happen.

So I think that will be my new manifesto (or one of them).
Because I have no reason to fear.
This life is beautiful; it's a gift.
And our souls are stronger than our weakest moments.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

-Ether 12: 27
image via deviantart

No comments: