5.20.2012

leaving

When I graduated from high school, I was a little sad, but mostly just excited to experience the adventure of college life. Moving away from home, meeting so many new people with whom I have so much in common, no curfew, living by my own rules.

And it has been a wonderful five years. It's still a little weird for me to think of how much this town has become home to me, but it really has. I've made so many memories in this place and have been surrounded by some of the greatest people in the world.

{To all of you who been there for me in any and every way during the past five years, I couldn't have done it without you. I love you all so much.}

It's finally sinking in that I'm really leaving. But this time the adventure ahead of me is significantly more unsure. After my internship finishes and my housing contract ends in New York, I have no idea where I'll be. And while that is really exciting, it's also a little scary.

I worry that my friends and I won't stay in touch. I worry that in August I still won't know what my next move should be. Or that I'll get caught up in the industry and forget what I really want out of life and how I want to get there. I wonder about missed opportunities and all of the people I'm leaving behind.

But regardless of my fears, I do feel oddly calm (for the most part) about packing my life into a couple of suitcases, hopping on a plane across the country, and moving into a new apartment with some wonderful girls.

So here's to this next phase of life. I think it's gonna be pretty great.

No comments: