10.04.2009

Farmers Market


Katie (aka Katya) and I went to the Farmers Market Saturday and discovered all kinds of goodies. We sampled honey made 20 minutes up the road, two kinds of homemade barbecue sauce, and vegan cookies, all of which were excellent, but a little out of my college-student budget.

I went home with:

a glass of fresh squeezed mint limeade (it was delicious, by the way)
a steaming pork tamal, (my favorite Mexican dish)
a loaf of Asiago cheese bread
and a dozen or so red potatoes (I plan on using this recipe for dinner group next time I cook)

I love farmers markets and I love paying with cash. I'm sad that I didn't get to enjoy this one more, and that it's only open until the end of the month.

image via deviantart

ps: I've actually been to this farmers market, Pike Place in Seattle, WA!

2 comments:

Katya said...

Yay for farmer's markets outings! I wish it went on for a little bit longer...or that I wasn't going to be gone the next two Saturdays so we could go and I could get all my produce there...

pepper said...

oh YUM! what a lovely day, you've inspired me to book in a market for next weekend :
x Pepper