10.12.2010

all we can do is keep breathing*


As I took a precious moment (or 20) to blogsurf this afternoon, I read this post from Zen Habits.
I love that blog.
So much of what they say just hits home.

After reading that post, I went to this website (because it was mentioned in the post).

And now I want to buy this book.*

I love books.
I wish I spent more time with them.

{I know this is in my control, and that I just need to prioritize better, and make time to read, because I do have a whole 16 or 17 hours while I'm awake each day.}

Anyway, I feel like I've been swimming through the past month. Like I'm still barely holding on to getting things done and not falling behind.
I don't feel behind.
I'm caught up.
But I'm just barely caught up.

I'm barely getting through each day without falling asleep in all of my classes or neglecting any major responsibilities.

So really, I'm fine.

But there are so many things I want to do.

I want to read AdAge every morning.
I want to skim through the pages of the New York Times and feel like I know what's going on in the world.
I want to have the time to write blog posts that are creative and stretch my verbal capabilities, instead of to do lists and posts about not having time.**
I want to do yoga, and go running (for once in my life, I actually want to go running).

I want to eat breakfast sitting down.
I want to have time to do my hair in the morning, instead of pretending I'm enough of a granola to let it air dry and have it look fabulous every day.

I want to not fall asleep reading my scriptures every night.

I want to take advantage of all the blessings and opportunities that surround me.


The funny part is, I'm not unhappy.
I love my life.
It is so full of wonderful, exciting things.
It's just that, sometimes, it's a little too full.

So, for tonight, I'm going to tidy up my room.
Eat my dinner slowly.
And remember to breathe.

image via weheartit

*Have I already bought myself too many birthday presents? {Landon Pigg "The Boy Who Never", Food Rules, and Let the Great World Spin.}
**Ironic???
***Ingrid. Yay. Love her. Also, she's coming to Utah on October 26th. Any takers?

1 comment:

Bob Z. said...

Ingrid Michaelson will be in Utah?? I might want to go to that...