6.10.2009

let me be just a little bit proud

{you know what they say about life, and lemons...}

I always make lists of things I want to do/learn/accomplish. Today I am going to make a list of things I have already done. Not to be showy, but to show myself that I have done some important or interesting things in my life.
a meager list of small but significant accomplishments:

-I have been to 17 of the 50 states
-I was accepted to Brigham Young University (okay, not that hard to do, or thrilling, but still)
-I helped plan the 2009 Hunger Banquet at BYU. Which actually makes things happen.
-I worked out 4 times last week. That's kind of a big deal.
-I was a vegetarian for a year...and I learned to not detest salad.
-I make killer chicken enchiladas.
-I was determined to get the job at the restaurant I work at. And I got it. Two summers in a row.
-I recycle and do what I can to avoid unnecessary waste. I don't think that the planet is going to pot anytime soon, but I do care about the air I breathe and the ground I walk on.
-I carried four water glasses in my hands, at once. If you have ever been a server, you understand that is kind of a milestone.
-This past semester was the highest GPA I have had since high school.
-I have learned to express my feelings through words and music.
-I took Jazz 331, and worked my tail off. I have never craved criticism for improvement so much.
-I got a full-fledged A in Brent Keck's class. Boy, was I proud of that.
-I took a stupid birds class, and can now, conveniently identify a number of bird calls as well as live and used-to-be-alive specimens.
-I took a couple big leaps and wasn't afraid to fail. It's a good thing because, well, things didn't turn out the way I thought they would. Maybe that's failure. I prefer to call it: life.


{But even more than the grades, or the things I can check off my list, I learned to love. I learned to love learning and studying new things. I remembered how to love dancing, and how badly I need it in my life. I learned to love change. I learned to love people in so many different ways. I still feel very strongly that love is what life is all about.}


What else could possibly make everything else worth it?
photo via deviantart, of course

1 comment:

Josh said...

Boy, the A in Brent's class alone should keep you proud for at least the next seven years. Mamma mia Amica! Buonissimo!