4.05.2009

Now Let Us Rejoice!

I will admit, there were many times when I was growing up that my mom would take me to General Conference for the Saturday sessions and I would either fall asleep or be completely bored. I did not really appreciate conference and love it as I do now, until I was probably 15 or 16.

Regardless, I have thoroughly enjoyed it this weekend. I love feeling uplifted by the words of the leaders of my church. I'm a big fan of quotes; here are a couple of my thoughts from this weekend:

"Reverence is profound respect mingled with love." -Henry B. Eyring

"Our Father's Plan is big enough for all his children." -Quentin L. Cook

"Even when we give up on ourselves, God never gives up on us."-Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"Divine compassion is never absent." -Jeffrey R. Holland

It was exactly like I needed this weekend. What a blessing.

No comments: