4.20.2009

On the inside, I really want to be a rockstar

Random Fact #4:

I write songs.**
Lots of slow, heartfelt, ballads. For some reason, it's hard for me to write a decent fast song.

I love it though. Music is such a necessary form of expression. It's an addiction.

It's actually surprisingly difficult for me to let people know about this, because music can be such a personal thing. I don't usually let people see that part of me. It makes me vulnerable. What if they don't like it or think it's stupid or want to change it?

It's branded with my name on it. It's a little part of my soul.

I'm not confident enough in my own abilities to really put myself out there and share it with very many people. I'm getting more comfortable with it, but it's still a big deal for me to let someone into that part of my life.

a favorite quote about music:

"Where words fail, Music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen



**Let it be known that I never said "I write hit songs." Maybe someday.**

{In case you are curious, intrigued, or baffled by this post: believe it or not, there is more! My best friend Brittany and I join forces (and voices) in our "band," Blue January. www.isabelandeden.blogspot.com.}

No comments: